How Do I Deal With The Water Damage To My Dallas Business?
We are here to help reopen your business!
To Professionally Restore Your Dallas Business, Call SERVPRO
Water covering the floor is bad for any Dallas business. It keeps customers and employees out, shutting off the income to pay the bills until removed and the facility dried. Floodwater is even worse, however, than a split inlet hose.
How Much Worse Can Floodwater Be?
Since it contains contaminants and debris picked up from the outside as it entered your BBQ restaurant in Dallas, commercial flood damage involves far more time and effort when it comes to cleaning. SERVPRO specialists use a series of cleaning agents that not only neutralize any bacteria in the water or on the affected property; they also reduce the risk of mold infesting the structure afterward.
Does It Affect SERVPRO’s Other Efforts to Restore My Restaurant?
Before our team members begin removing water, they have to spray the surface and all affected surfaces with the anti-bacterial agents. After that, we perform other operations in the same manner. There is only one added step in the process, and that is to spray every item now no longer under the floodwater before cleaning.
How Long Does All This Take?
Like any other task with alleviating flood damage, it depends on the size of your building, how much water got inside, and high it rose. That can mean one or several weeks. The smaller the facility, the quicker SERVPRO specialists can complete cleaning it and move on to the other tasks:
• Cleaning every affected surface
• Drying the surfaces
• Examining property for non-restorable damage
• Disposal of carpets and other items that cannot be returned to a safe, clean state
• Replacement of drywall, floor trim, and other structural property
To schedule a service call or if you have more questions, call SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County at (972) 227-0800 today. We are here to help reopen businesses here, in Cedar Hill, and the surrounding area.
What Solvents Do I Need to Remove Smoke from Walls?
Let SERVPRO remove smoke damage from your Dallas walls.
SERVPRO Fire Restoration Technicians in Dallas Stock a Full-Range of Solvents and Chemical Cleaners for Smoke Removal
Do all solvents remove smoke?
Solvents are powerful cleaning methods that need to apply with caution when removing smoke from the walls of your Dallas home. Most solutions, like most smoke residues, have a neutral, alkaline, or acidic base. These industrial cleaners can be ineffective, or even cause further harm to your home, if they are not applied correctly. To assess different types of smoke, SERVPRO technicians use Litmus paper to record the acidity or alkaline level. We can then match the pH level to the equivalent acid or alkaline cleaner. When applying these to a smoke residue, the goal is to restore the area to a neutral level by using an alkaline on acid or vice versa. Doing so requires some expertise as well as careful measuring of the specific smoke residue.
Does it take time to remove smoke residues?
One of the essential parts of fire restoration in your Dallas home is time. Dwell time is how long a chemical agent needs to suspend smoke residues or soils. These usually take ten to fifteen minutes, but leaving a solvent too long can damage the surface. Once smoke residues successfully suspend in a solvent, our technicians can use a rinsing agent to remove both the soiling and the solution. Often, we can sand the affected surface after solvent cleaning to provide a smooth surface for repainting or an odor-sealing primer.
How do I choose the right solvent for smoke soiling?
- Use litmus paper to understand the acidity or alkaline of the smoke soiling
- Inspect the smoke residue and the sources of the fire to realize whether deposits are water or oil-based
- Always vacuum the surface before applying solvent to remove any unbonded soots
Removing smoke residues from walls is complex and requires different types of equipment. Contact SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County at (972) 227-0800.
More about Dallas.
Why Would I Want the Stress of Packing-Out the Contents of My Dallas House After a Fire?
Our SERVPRO technicians will assist you through every step of your homes fire damage recovery.
A Planned Move-Out of Furnishings, Household Goods, and Personal Possessions Enhances Their Chance of Restoration While Hastening On-Site Mitigation and Remediation of Fire Damage in Dallas
Not many household disasters overwhelm a homeowner as profoundly as a fire. The magnitude of the damage and the aftermath can be enormous. Damages include aspects the average resident never considered, including significant firefighting water destruction that experienced professionals must manage immediately. A double hit of contaminated water saturation and gritty, sticky soot damage exposes the contents of your Dallas home to the potential of severe adverse consequences, including ruin unless restorers employ creative and proven solutions.
What Options Are Available to Restore and Safeguard the Contents of My Home?
When a devastating event like fire damage happens in Dallas, sometimes a constructive way to organize the chaos is to move your furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions off-site. This well-reasoned strategy of dividing and conquering can reduce your stress if you trust the pack-out process and understand how the now-separate locations of your home's damaged structure and compromised contents contribute to a successful outcome of the overarching crisis.
Why Do We Recommend Partial or Full Pack-Outs After Fire Damage?
What is the Benefit of a Pack-Out at Your Home?
Water removal and fire residue cleanup are challenging enough without SERVPRO technicians required to shift furnishings and personal property continuously. As our Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-trained Water Damage Restoration Technicians (WRT) and Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) move from damaged space to space inside your house, the water removal and fire cleanup are much more streamlined if floors are clear of large items. Moisture and fire residue levels inside your home immediately decrease with a pack out.
What Are the Benefits for Packed Out Items?
Homeowners sometimes toss out items our team could save due to the lack of space to spread out damaged articles for review, and the pressure on the on-site mitigation and remediation tasks. The frantic pace slows a bit after the pack-out, encouraging our production facility technicians to sort through the fire-damaged items carefully. We work alongside you with your insurance company, our detailed Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), providing precise documentation of your property's condition at every step of the restoration process. If an item cannot be restored, we back this up to help you obtain the appropriate claim amount from your carrier.
Who Takes Responsibility for the Pack-Up and Pack-Back?
Our crew follows meticulously designed protocols to pack-up and create an inventory for your possessions. We use a mix of traditional lists, digital photographs, and barcoding to account for the location and condition of all articles we remove from your home. Each item is processed appropriately and then tracked and stored in climate-controlled spaces at our warehouse until we arrange to return it to your cleaned, dried, disinfected, and deodorized home.
What Specialized Cleaning and Drying Solutions Are On the Menu for My Possessions?
When we evaluate items at our production facility, we select from a wide range of cleaning and drying strategies to return your personal property to previous functionality and appearance.
For example, we consider the following targeted cleaning methods for packed-out objects:
- Textiles and other soft possessions benefit from laundering in our industrial washing machines or sub-contracting to dry cleaners familiar with the challenges of removing soot and other fire and water damage residues from clothes, linens, and window treatments.
- Loose, non-permeable articles clean more efficiently when soaked in immersion tanks filled with a solution of water and proprietary cleaning solutions or solvents, in the case of oil-based soiling.
- Ultrasonic machines use sound waves to dislodge ground-in and deeply entrenched soiling of intricately detailed solid items.
- Upholstery cleaning by trained technicians shows better results in our contained space where airborne debris is not present to resoil the fabric.
Unique drying strategies help with both firefighting water saturation and post-cleaning dampness:
- Freeze-drying of papers and photos stabilizes wet documents, books, and images. First, the object has its temperature lowered below freezing. Then, skilled technicians use the process of sublimation to transform the frozen water into a vapor without the intervening liquid step.
- Small drying chambers permit our technicians to manipulate the balance of air movement and temperature needed to evaporate moisture before dehumidifiers capture the vapor for disposal.
- Commercial tumble dryers return rugs, clothes, rugs, and other textiles to preloss condition.
Let SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County demonstrate how we can help your house and home recover from the many aspects of fire damage. Day or night, we receive your call to (972) 227-0800.
What Do I Do When My Dallas Café Bathroom Sink Overflows?
Our SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County team can help after a water loss.
We Have a Fast and Reliable Response to Your Emergencies, Offering Efficient Drying and Extraction Solutions to Keep Your Dallas Business Going
Overflowing or malfunctioning bathroom fixtures can leave a pool of water on the linoleum tile in the bathroom area of your Dallas café. By the time that a customer notifies you of a problem in the facilities, this issue could become more complicated than just needing a mop and towels.
We understand the priority to keep your business going, and that is why we offer efficient water removal for Dallas structures. We have several approaches that can help to prevent your café from entirely shutting down by working to limit the recovery area to the bathroom. Efficient extraction and drying tools are at the heart of this endeavor, as this can help to eliminate the spread of moisture and water loss effects to more sensitive materials like the carpet in the lobby.
Can My Business Stay Open?
Physical barriers prevent foot traffic into the damaged area but can also prevent the migration of water loss effects until you close up for the night, and we can bring in our professionals to clean and dry up the damaged area.
Water removal is not universal, and there are multiple tools we use during this phase of mitigation. With the pooling water on the linoleum flooring, our team might choose to use wet vacuums and squeegee wands to remove surface water.
Nothing can turn off the patrons of your café more than a substantial restoration presence in the damaged area and moving in and out of the building. It might even cause unnecessary worry. Once we can establish containment, we can wait until after you typically close to begin restoration.
Our SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County team can help after a water loss. Give our technicians a call today at (972) 227-0800.
Extracting Fire Damage In Dallas
SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County saves your home with service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Extracting Fire Damage from a Dallas Living Room
Living room fire damage can spread quickly, especially if your home is packed with flammable materials near the source of the fire. Carpeting, drapes, wood furniture, and books can all go up in flames quickly without a fast response. Once your Type A fire extinguisher or firefighters' efforts put out the fire, the cleanup considerations can be overwhelming for most homeowners.
If you need fire damage mitigation for your Dallas living room, SERVPRO technicians can come to your home within hours of your call. These technicians can restore your home to its preloss condition with cutting-edge fire damage cleanup technologies as well as water damage cleanup equipment if fire hoses saturate your home. SERVPRO techs and crew chiefs coordinate with both you and your insurance adjuster to ensure that you receive cleanup that is cost-effective, thorough, and in accordance with your insurance policy.
Types of Soot Damage
• Dry. This type of soot deposit is the easiest to clean. It tends to be dusty and almost odorless, and can usually be taken care of with simple mechanical cleaning tools or HEPA-filter vacuums.
• Wet. Wet soot results from low-heat, long-burning fires that affect moist materials. These soils tend to be foggy, more odorous, and messier to clean than dry doot.
• Protein. Protein residues, usually from cooking fires, are oily deposits that give off a strong, distinct odor. The residue itself is greasy and tends to smear instead of disappearing after a cleaning attempt. Protein deposits require enzyme digesters for cleanup.
• Oily. Oil-based products like mass-produced rubbers and plastics tend to become sticky and greasy after enduring a fire. Much like protein residues, oily soils are lipophilic and need specially-made cleaners to combat them.
SERVPRO Restores Your Living Space
Soot covers all types of surfaces and penetrates them in various ways. Windows, for example, may require a low-alkaline glass cleaner that dries to a neutral pH when the ammonia in it evaporates. Cabinet interiors require careful manual cleaning with a dry cleaning sponge. If the damage is extensive, it may require denatured alcohol or sanding.
SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County saves your home with service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. When disaster strikes on your property, call for an IICRC-certified mitigation crew at (972) 227-0800.
For more about Dallas click here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Dallas, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County today at (972) 227-0800 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Dallas’ Stormy Spring Season is Coming, What Can I Do to Prepare for It?
Flood damage can wreak havoc on your property if not handled properly. Contact SERVPRO if this happens to mediate the damage.
The Spring Season in Dallas Often Brings With It Stormy Weather and the Potential for Flood Damage, So It Is Important to Properly Prepare Your Home and Know Your Remediation Options Beforehand.
Every year, during the transition from winter to spring, the weather in Dallas becomes more volatile and stormy. As storm clouds gather, the threat of torrential rains and related flooding increases markedly. When bad weather eventually does come, there is little you can do but wait for it to pass and clean up things afterward. So, the key to effectively handling this time of the year and the damage it brings is to prepare beforehand. First, do a little research before the seasonal storms arrive and discover what local flood damage remediation services can do if you are impacted. Second, whenever the forecast calls for extreme weather, prepare your home accordingly.
What Makes Some Dallas Flood Damage Cleaning and Remediation Services Better Than Others?
As you can imagine, several services deal with flood damage in Dallas. However, they are not of equal quality and do not offer all the same options. It is for this reason you should always research your alternatives ahead of time. You should find a company like SERVPRO that provides the highest quality service to return your home to pre-flood condition as soon as possible. We expertly handle the following flood damage-related jobs:
- Floodwater Clean-up: removal of standing water with wet vacs, pumps, and extractors
- Biohazard Disposal: professional removal of hazardous wastes
- Mitigation of Microorganism Threats: eliminating harmful bacteria and fungi, which may cause health effects and dry rot, with disinfectants and antifungals
- Early Detection of Moisture-Related Issues: detecting higher than normal moisture levels in your home with thermohygrometers and moisture sensors/meters
- Professional Home Interior Drying: drying the inside of your home and its contents with strong fans, air movers, dehumidifiers, and injectidry systems
- Home Deodorization: eliminating unpleasant odors in your home with professional-grade deodorants, high-tech foggers, and effective sealing techniques
These valuable services quickly solve most flood-related problems in Dallas, mitigate property injuries, and help prevent future damage related to a flooding event. So, acting swiftly when you are impacted by such an event is crucial to saving you considerable time and money. Whereas other companies lack either the expertise or equipment to do your work effectively and efficiently, SERVPRO does not suffer from these limitations. The following is a list of just some of our training, experience, and advanced equipment:
- Our company has provided flood damage remediation services to the Dallas area for fifteen years.
- We have over thirty full-time, Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-trained and certified technicians
- Our team is certified for large loss recovery
- Technicians who hold certifications in, among other things, applied microbial remediation, applied structural drying, carpet cleaning, odor control, upholstery and fabric cleaning, and water damage restoration
- SERVPRO’s professionals have an arsenal of state-of-the-art tools to clean and restore your home, including thermohygrometers, moisture sensors/meters, truck-mounted and portable extractors, wet vacuums, industrial-strength fans, air movers, refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers, injectidry systems, industrial-strength disinfectants and fungicides, and ultra-low volume and thermal foggers
- We have over twenty-five service vehicles and more than 1,500 dehumidifiers and dryers locally available to meet your needs.
All of this is at your service when you choose us. We use all of our vast industry knowledge and resources to fulfill your mitigation and restoration needs.
How Does SERVPRO Act to Clean and Restore Your Home?
We act quickly to resolve your flood water damage issues. Often, within four hours of your call, we are at your Dallas area house and ready to handle your situation. Technicians first assess your home’s water damage and then decide how to proceed. Once everything has been decided and a drying goal has been established, we begin extracting the remaining floodwaters from your house. After the standing water has been removed, we thoroughly clean your residence and dispose of the hazardous waste. Before we proceed further, we disinfect everything with EPA-approved disinfectants. After all affected surfaces have been sterilized, we professionally dry your home with our moisture-reducing equipment. Then, when everything is completely dry, our technicians deodorize your residence and spray fungicides to help prevent future dry rot.
Is There Anything I Can Do Before a Storm to Lessen Potential Flood Damage?
Yes, there are a few key steps you can take before a storm to limit a flood’s impact on your house. These measures not only limit damage to your property but also make it easier for SERVPRO technicians to clean and restore your home.
- Before leaving your home, turn off utility (electric, gas, and water) switches/valves
- Ensure there is no damage to your foundation
- Clean gutters and make sure your roof does not have leaks
- Cover all windows with plywood
- Strategically place sandbags around your home to keep floodwaters away
Remember to take these precautions before any potential flooding and, if you ever do need assistance, please call SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County at (972) 227-0800.
Preventative Cleaning Support for Dallas County
SERVPRO Says--Call us for cleaning and disinfection applications for your Dallas properties
Performing preventative cleaning is such an important part of our defense against this pandemic that we are facing here in Dallas County. Social distancing, staying at home, and performing cleaning are helping to reduce the impact of this virus.
Higher Demand for Cleaning Services
Both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) provide valuable information about cleaning and disinfecting chemicals and the proper techniques about applying them. Even though the public can do a fine job of preventative cleaning, many companies are now turning to professionals for assistance. Why? Because companies like SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County have experienced technicians who have access to hospital-grade cleaning products and commercial equipment. Industrial equipment does a more efficient job with the application of disinfectants.
Businesses, commercial properties, and government facilities have also realized that by hiring a professional cleaning company, they are allowing their staff to continue with their routine work. They are also aware of the positive statement they are making to their employees, customers and the public about their level of care and concern.
In the Dallas County area, SERVPRO is able to meet any cleaning needs for virus prevention and for regular needs such as water, fire, and mold clean up. Explore your options and discover what we can offer in the way of professional cleaning services. Contacting SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County for a consultation. It’s as easy as calling (972) 227-0800.
Disclaimer: Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
How Does SERVPRO Remediate Water Damage in Dallas?
Turn Off the Tap Before Calling SERVPRO
In Dallas, Choose The SERVPRO Way for Water Damage Restoration in Your Home
When your home in Dallas is impacted by water damage, you need to be aware of all the steps involved in the repair and restoration process. While the procedures implemented by water damage repair specialists may differ, SERVPRO has developed a time-tested basic recovery process.
1. Water Removal in Dallas
In restoring your home to its pre-water damaged condition, the immediate first step is water removal or extraction. Typically, this initial procedure involves removing all standing water that has pooled in various rooms of your Dallas home. Attention is also focused on removing wet materials that wick and hold water like insulation, damaged drywall, wood furniture and fabric, and carpeting and pads. Our technicians may use specialized truck-mounted powerful water pumps, portable vacuums, or other extraction equipment to optimize water removal.
2. Drying Homes in Dallas
After the water damage restoration technicians have removed excess water, the next stage in the process is drying. Our applied structural drying experts will use specialized equipment such as air movers and dehumidifiers to complete this work. This effort is critically important because it mitigates the impact of moisture by quickly vacating it from the premises. Refrigerant or chemically active dehumidifiers are options for expediting moisture drop off to normal interior levels. Additionally, the use of dehumidifiers helps preclude secondary water damage from arising, usually in the form of mold growth. This mold proliferation is a problem that is well worth stymying immediately.
3. Water Damage Repair in Dallas
After your home's structure has been tested with moisture sensors and meters, thermohygrometers are used to calculate specific humidity, vapor pressure, and dew point. This final step ensures that water damaged areas are entirely dry. This outstanding protocol procedure from SERVPRO is one of the ways that our company differentiates itself from competitors. In most cases, we will also complete the repair process for you, from post-drying of the structure and furnishings and odor control, to mold remediation. We will remove water damaged building materials like drywall and flooring. Dispose of unsalvageable furniture and personal items and leave you an inventory report.
These three critical processes, at your residential property in Dallas, are paramount in returning you to a structurally sound and healthy home. We can even contact your insurance adjuster to coordinate the entire water damage restoration process, thereby saving you time and money while lessening personal stress for you. SERVPRO can quickly get you back into your Dallas home.
Locally Owned and Operated
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County is locally owned and operated so we’re already nearby and ready to help. We offer 24-hour emergency response. Call us at (972) 227-0800.
More about Dallas.
How Are Fire Damaged Contents from Your Dallas Home Restored by Professionals?
Restoring fire damage to your Dallas home is a job for the professionals.
SERVPRO Professionals Give Tips for Restore Smoke and Soot Damage in Dallas Homes
Restoring contents is a far better option than replacing them when it comes to fire damage. Whether it is the walls or ceilings, upholstery or any other article that is damaged by a fire, professionals can restore it by using various cleaning techniques.
Restoring fire damage to your Dallas home is a job for the professionals. Successful restoration requires extensive knowledge about the damage caused by fire and years of experience. SERVPRO technicians can use multiple techniques to clean up the damage caused by smoke and soot following a fire damage incidence.
Dry Cleaning Fire Damaged Contents in Dallas
It is a technique that is best for light to medium, non-greasy damage. Feather dusters or cleaning cloths can be used during this step of cleaning. It is sometimes the first step before more thorough cleaning is attempted.
Wet Cleaning Smoke and Soot in Dallas
As the name implies, wet cleaning involves the use of a liquid to remove smoke and soot residue from the surfaces. This method can be employed by SERVPRO professionals if the damage is moderate to heavy. The process often involves cleaning with water with or without detergent in it.
Spray and Wipe Technique for Dallas Area Fire Damage Restoration
It is a technique used to clean surfaces that can be damaged by the excess of cleaning liquid. As the name implies, technicians can use a spray bottle filled with a cleaning solution to spray the damaged area and then wipe it with a clean cloth.
Foam Cleaning to Remove Smoke in Dallas Homes
The technique involves the use of a cleaning agent foam and is most useful for cleaning upholstery. This method ensures that there is minimum damage due to bleeding of dyes as the very small amount of liquid is involved.
Abrasive Cleaning for Fire Damage Remediation in Dallas
If the smoke and soot residues are too tough to get off by wet or dry cleaning, professionals can use an abrasive surface such as a scrub. The scrub can agitate the stain-causing particles and remove them without harming the surface underneath.
Immersion Cleaning to Fire Damage in Dallas
SERVPRO technicians can use this technique if the material is safe to be completely immersed in a cleaning liquid. The process is ideal for Venetian blinds among other things. If the stain is too tough to remove, ultrasonic sound waves can be used to loosen it before wiping it away with a cloth.
Call SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County today at (972) 227-0800 to speak to one of our fire restoration experts.
Click here for more about the city of Dallas.