Protecting Your Dallas Small Business Against Water Damage
Protecting Your Small Business Against Water Damage
If you are a business owner, you know that there are many risks to keep in mind. Dallas water damage is one of them. In cases of water damage, before looking into the kind of insurance you need, it is smart to know more about different sources of water damage and ways that you can prevent it and protect your business.
• It is important to know different ways that water damage can affect your business, before you look into prevention. The first thing you should consider is where appliances are located in your building.
• You should be aware of the different areas of your business where the damage is likely to occur, before beginning to look for ways to reduce the risk of water damage. The first place you should be looking at is where you have appliances in your building, such as washers, air conditioning units, dishwashers, refrigerators, and water heaters. Drains and pipes can also be a source of Dallas water damage. Examine the roof as well, looking for damage from weather that could make your building more vulnerable.
Protecting Your Business
• You cannot have certainty in preventing water damage entirely, but you can minimize potential damage by utilizing the following tips:
• Prevent Plumbing Leaks. Watch out for leaks in the plumbing in the kitchen and bathroom. This may mean grouting and caulking around sinks and toilets, and replacing any missing tiles.
• Verify water Resistance. Make sure that the components of your building are made using water resistant materials, as this will prevent a great deal of damage to the interior and exterior of your building in the event of a water disaster.
• Secure Hoses. Be sure that any hose connections are secure, including those that connect two appliances in the building.
• Insulate Water Pipes. This is important to prevent exposure of the pipes to harshly cold temperatures. These pipes are typically in the garage or basement of buildings. The insulation will help prevent potential water damage by preventing cracking and freezing.
• Maintain Leak Detection Systems. It is good to have both an active system and a passive system.
• Do not allow water damage to ruin your small business. Make sure to take all of the proper precautions that you need to take in order to protect your small business and make sure that you get all of the business insurance coverage that you need to minimize risks.
Commercial Building Restoration Services
When it comes to commercial and residential restoration services, SERVPRO is a leader in the industry. Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County responds quickly to your Cedar Hill business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies. No commercial project is too big, because we have access to the resources of a nationwide network of 1,650 Franchises. Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
- Disaster Recovery Team
When you are dealing with your Chicago water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County responds quickly and employs advanced equipment and techniques to remove water quickly. The drying process is monitored and documented to assure your property is dried properly and thoroughly. We are standing by 24/7 to help remediate any water damage emergency you might encounter. Call (972) 227-0800 and we will be on our way.