Dealing With Mold Damage Safely in Dallas
SERVPRO Will Assess the Damage and Follow Certified Procedures to Remediate
Safety is primary when it comes to handling mold. It is important to have professionally trained technicians come in to clean up mold at any level when you discover you have a problem with it in your home. Mold can cause adverse health effects to your family, and it can grow quickly.
At SERVPRO, we will come quickly to assess any mold damage in Dallas with safety as the top priority. We understand that taking specific precautionary measures when dealing with mold is important.
Our goal is to protect people, whether they are young, old, or people with compromised or weak immune systems, people with respiratory diseases, and people with allergies, all of who are at a higher risk of having reactions from mold exposure. Even strong and healthy people can have adverse reactions to mold, which is why these precautions are so important.
We always wear protective gear while remediating any mold problem, plus use the proper equipment as well. These can include:
- An N95 or better filter type respirator for contaminated, small spaces.
- A half-mask respirator with the right cartridges for larger contaminations.
- A full-face respirator with the correct cartridges or a Powered Air Purifying Respirator could be what is needed for contaminations that are more extensive.
- Full body suits could be appropriate for extensive contaminations as well.
- We always wear chemical resistance gloves and eye protection.
Assessing the Environment
The first step our technicians at SERVPRO will take during mold remediation is to figure out if there is a mold problem. We will inspect the area and talk to you about what we find. We will carefully explain everything to you so that you understand all that is going on. We use these questions as our guide:
- Area there visible areas of mold contamination?
- Is there a strong, musty odor which indicates the presence of mold?
- Are you as the customer aware of any mold growth?
- Have you as the client had previous mold problems?
- Have you had previous water damage or an ongoing problem with water intrusion?
- When did the water damage happen?
- Is there evidence of mold in the HVAC system?
If mold is discovered by our technicians, a supervisor with be contacted right away, and we will follow the procedures set by your insurance company, then proceed immediately with remediation with their guidance.
At SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County, we understand that time is of the essence when it comes to dealing with mold. Please call us right away at (972) 227-0800 if you discover you have a problem with mold in your home.