Precautions To Prevent Fire Damage From Candles
Fire Damage From Candles
When you think aromatherapy and a relaxing ambience, you think of candles. Aromatherapy, tea-lights, and fashionable candles are also the cause of damage from house fires. Cooking and cigarettes remain the main cause of accidental fires. However, we are entering holiday seasons where candles account for more fires than any other time of year.
Candle fires are more frequent than many people realize. The right use of candles helps reduce fire risks significantly. The whole family should practice proper candle use to prevent fire damage in Seagoville. SERVPRO experts believe that taking candle precaution is an important part of candle safety. Some precautions begin with making sure that the plastic film covering your new candle is entirely removed before lighting it.
Trim the wick because long wicks cause dripping and flaring when a candle is lit. Do not leave a candle burning, extinguish it before leaving the house. Next, never place a candle near a window or a drafty area. Curtains, bedding and clothing materials are the number one reason that fire spreads after being ignited by a candle.
Make sure the surface for candles is even and not unstable. Lastly, do not leave candles burning in the bedroom because you fell asleep. Bedroom fires from burning candles are at the top of the list of annual candle fires. Home security fire alarm systems are always needed, but remember that they are not a substitute for general candle and fire safety.
When the fire is out, fire damage remediation must begin immediately. SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County will answer your call quickly because we are locally owned and operated. We are available 24 hours a day. Fire and smoke damage restoration require skill, knowledge, and experience which our remediation technicians have in order to get you back to a pre-fire condition.
You never know when disaster will strike or in what form it will appear. We understand the trauma and emotional stress that homeowners suffer when a fire occurs. We work quickly and consistently to mitigate damage on your household items. Call us today at (972) 227-0800 and let us help you.