What’s the Timeframe for Cleaning Up Water In Dallas Before Damage Sets In?
For Rapid Water Mitigation, SERVPRO Arrives at Your Dallas Property with the Latest Technology and Methods
It is crucial that you never delay when you have standing water in your Dallas home. The longer that it takes for water removal, the more secondary damage sets in. Beyond that, mold and mildew begin to colonize in as little as 24 hours after the initial incident. You can avoid the destructive qualities of water and leftover moisture when you enlist our skilled technicians from SERVPRO.
What Does Water Mitigation Include?
When you contact us for water mitigation in Dallas, we arrive quickly to get your water damage under control. The process follows several main steps that depend on the severity of the water event, which includes:
• Water Cleanup
• Drying and Dehumidification
• Disinfection and Sanitization
• Controlled Demolition (if necessary)
Whether to call for help from a water mitigation company rests on you. However, DIY methods alone often leave behind hidden moisture that increases the onset of costly damage to your structure. SERVPRO uses powerful drying equipment and professional moisture detection tools to ensure that your interior is free of hidden moisture.
With any water damage event, it is vital to keep the following timeline in mind:
• Within Minutes – Water migrates quickly to dry areas, saturating everything along the way. Moisture gets into floors, walls, upholstery, and belongings.
• Within the First 24 Hours – Metal surfaces will tarnish, and drywall can swell and crumble. Wood furniture can expand and crack while musty odors begin to develop.
• Within 48 Hours to a Week – Mildew and mold spread rapidly while structural elements warp and buckle. Flooring will also swell and paint blisters as the interior is on the verge of potentially biohazardous contamination.
• After One Week – The cost of restoration and cleanup now becomes immense, with the majority of materials requiring extensive cleaning or total replacement.
SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County knows how to ensure your water mitigation needs get met so that we can cut down the need for extensive restoration and costs. Call (972) 227-0800 to have a crew deployed to your property as soon as possible.