Did You Know About These Hidden Sources Of Water Damage In Dallas?
Dallas Homeowners Must Be Aware Of Unseen Water Damage
Homeowners in Dallas want to keep their homes in tip-top condition. A well-cared-for home is much nicer to live in than one that hasn’t been maintained. Looking after your house also keeps its value up in case you want to sell it one day.
Homeowners should take the risk of water damage in Dallas seriously. Some water leaks are apparent, such as a leaking faucet or a puddle forming under an appliance. However, there are some hidden sources of leaks.
What are some hidden sources of water damage?
Some common unseen causes of water damage include:
• Clogged water lines including plumbing lines but also HVAC systems and gutters
• Corrosion in pipes due to age and rust
• Damaged pipe joints or warping due to sudden temperature changes
• Loose or broken connections between appliances and water lines
• Tree roots intruding into pipes and breaking them
How can I look for hidden leaks?
Keep an eye out for any signs of water damage in your home, such as damp spots on the walls and ceiling, signs of mold growth, damp patches on the carpet, or a sudden change in your water bills. Always be vigilant and do not ignore any signs of water damage.
What can SERVPRO do to help?
If you suspect water damage, call SERVPRO as soon as you can – We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. We train our teams to assess and remedy water damage quickly and professionally. For example:
• We have a range of equipment on hand to test moisture levels, including moisture meters, thermal hygrometers, thermal imaging, and moisture wands
• We are equipped with different types of free-standing and truck-mounted pumps to remove larger volumes of water
• We use a range of air movers, refrigerant dehumidifiers, and desiccant dehumidifiers to dry your home
• We have access to industry-standard cleaning and disinfectant solutions that we will use if needed
We take care of every aspect of water damage remediation, so you do not have to worry about a thing. Our range of equipment means that no matter the location or the extent of the damage, we have the right tools for the job.
If you are concerned about hidden sources of water damage in your home, call SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County at (972) 227-0800.