Dallas’ Stormy Spring Season is Coming, What Can I Do to Prepare for It?
The Spring Season in Dallas Often Brings With It Stormy Weather and the Potential for Flood Damage, So It Is Important to Properly Prepare Your Home and Know Your Remediation Options Beforehand.
Every year, during the transition from winter to spring, the weather in Dallas becomes more volatile and stormy. As storm clouds gather, the threat of torrential rains and related flooding increases markedly. When bad weather eventually does come, there is little you can do but wait for it to pass and clean up things afterward. So, the key to effectively handling this time of the year and the damage it brings is to prepare beforehand. First, do a little research before the seasonal storms arrive and discover what local flood damage remediation services can do if you are impacted. Second, whenever the forecast calls for extreme weather, prepare your home accordingly.
What Makes Some Dallas Flood Damage Cleaning and Remediation Services Better Than Others?
As you can imagine, several services deal with flood damage in Dallas. However, they are not of equal quality and do not offer all the same options. It is for this reason you should always research your alternatives ahead of time. You should find a company like SERVPRO that provides the highest quality service to return your home to pre-flood condition as soon as possible. We expertly handle the following flood damage-related jobs:
- Floodwater Clean-up: removal of standing water with wet vacs, pumps, and extractors
- Biohazard Disposal: professional removal of hazardous wastes
- Mitigation of Microorganism Threats: eliminating harmful bacteria and fungi, which may cause health effects and dry rot, with disinfectants and antifungals
- Early Detection of Moisture-Related Issues: detecting higher than normal moisture levels in your home with thermohygrometers and moisture sensors/meters
- Professional Home Interior Drying: drying the inside of your home and its contents with strong fans, air movers, dehumidifiers, and injectidry systems
- Home Deodorization: eliminating unpleasant odors in your home with professional-grade deodorants, high-tech foggers, and effective sealing techniques
These valuable services quickly solve most flood-related problems in Dallas, mitigate property injuries, and help prevent future damage related to a flooding event. So, acting swiftly when you are impacted by such an event is crucial to saving you considerable time and money. Whereas other companies lack either the expertise or equipment to do your work effectively and efficiently, SERVPRO does not suffer from these limitations. The following is a list of just some of our training, experience, and advanced equipment:
- Our company has provided flood damage remediation services to the Dallas area for fifteen years.
- We have over thirty full-time, Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-trained and certified technicians
- Our team is certified for large loss recovery
- Technicians who hold certifications in, among other things, applied microbial remediation, applied structural drying, carpet cleaning, odor control, upholstery and fabric cleaning, and water damage restoration
- SERVPRO’s professionals have an arsenal of state-of-the-art tools to clean and restore your home, including thermohygrometers, moisture sensors/meters, truck-mounted and portable extractors, wet vacuums, industrial-strength fans, air movers, refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers, injectidry systems, industrial-strength disinfectants and fungicides, and ultra-low volume and thermal foggers
- We have over twenty-five service vehicles and more than 1,500 dehumidifiers and dryers locally available to meet your needs.
All of this is at your service when you choose us. We use all of our vast industry knowledge and resources to fulfill your mitigation and restoration needs.
How Does SERVPRO Act to Clean and Restore Your Home?
We act quickly to resolve your flood water damage issues. Often, within four hours of your call, we are at your Dallas area house and ready to handle your situation. Technicians first assess your home’s water damage and then decide how to proceed. Once everything has been decided and a drying goal has been established, we begin extracting the remaining floodwaters from your house. After the standing water has been removed, we thoroughly clean your residence and dispose of the hazardous waste. Before we proceed further, we disinfect everything with EPA-approved disinfectants. After all affected surfaces have been sterilized, we professionally dry your home with our moisture-reducing equipment. Then, when everything is completely dry, our technicians deodorize your residence and spray fungicides to help prevent future dry rot.
Is There Anything I Can Do Before a Storm to Lessen Potential Flood Damage?
Yes, there are a few key steps you can take before a storm to limit a flood’s impact on your house. These measures not only limit damage to your property but also make it easier for SERVPRO technicians to clean and restore your home.
- Before leaving your home, turn off utility (electric, gas, and water) switches/valves
- Ensure there is no damage to your foundation
- Clean gutters and make sure your roof does not have leaks
- Cover all windows with plywood
- Strategically place sandbags around your home to keep floodwaters away
Remember to take these precautions before any potential flooding and, if you ever do need assistance, please call SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County at (972) 227-0800.