We Act Fast In Dallas After A Flood
Stopping Flood Damage in a Dallas Residence
Flood damage is a risk that homeowners all over the United States face, and flood coverage for homeowners has grown as a result. From 2016 to 2018, Insurance Information Institute Pulse surveys have found that the percentage of Americans with a flood insurance policy increased from 12 percent to 15 percent. This growth shows promise for allowing homeowners to get the cleanup and restoration they need to maintain their homes for years to come.
If your Dallas residence has suffered flood damage, certified SERVPRO technicians are available to address the issues and restore your home to a preloss condition with cutting-edge technologies and scientific theory. This IICRC-certified firm is committed to bringing the community high-quality rapid mitigation that seeks to preserve possessions and structures while prioritizing safety for homeowners.
After Flooding Occurs
- If a flood has affected your home, contact your provider immediately to set up a meeting with a claims adjuster. Make sure they see the property before cleanup and repairs begin.
- Double-check your insurance policy: does it cover the issues you are currently facing? Adjust your policy as needed to ensure security in the future.
- Take inventory of flood-related damages and losses, and be as specific as possible. Survey the entire affected area carefully. For damaged items, include the make, model, and other details when possible. Take photographs and do not throw anything away until after the adjuster has seen it.
- Once the adjuster has evaluated the damage, cleanup can begin.
- Under extreme conditions of water penetration SERVPRO can immediately begin extraction once the homeowner signs off on the work agreement.
How SERVPRO Aids Homeowners
SERVPRO works to thoroughly eliminate flood-related damage, including debris, microbes, and odors. These issues can be addressed with a variety of countermeasures. For example, odors can be counteracted with specialized beads, granules, wet foggers, and EPA-registered disinfectants.
Because flooding is likely to leave behind water-related odors, multiple techniques may be used to address odor-causing particles during the cleaning process. Some porous items, such as carpet and pad, require removal with the consent of homeowners and adjusters because of the risks that come with floodwater contamination.
SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas, Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (972) 227-0800 for disaster cleanup that can start within hours.
See more about Dallas.