If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (972) 227-0800

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Dallas Fire Loss Property Owners Have a Helping Partner in SERVPRO

1/14/2019 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Dallas Fire Loss Property Owners Have a Helping Partner in SERVPRO SERVPRO Says to Dallas Homeowners--Watch the Pot and Avoid Kitchen Fires

Common Causes of Fire and Fire Damage to be Aware of in Your Dallas Home

The thought of everything you own going up in flames in your Dallas home is quite a frightening image and many homeowners’ worst fears. However, it can happen, and it is best to know ahead of time the most common causes of fires in the home so that you can try to avoid them. Your entire family should know common fire safety practices to help keep everyone safe.
 
Fire and fire damage in your Dallas home is something that you want to avoid at all costs. If you have already been through a fire, reach out to our professionals at SERVPRO. We can help you clean up the damages and restore your home to the way it was before the fire, helping to erase the bad memories of the event, "Like it never even happened."
 
The busiest room in the home is the kitchen, and it is also the area where fire danger is most likely. While the kitchen is the room which sees the most people, it is usually when they are not there that accidents happen. It is recommended that someone is always in the vicinity when there is food cooking, whether it is on the range or in the oven. SERVPRO techs have much experience with cleaning up kitchen fires and have the knowledge and tools to help you out if this happens to you.
 
Chimneys are another dangerous area of your home if you own a fireplace. Failure to clean up the buildup of creosote in chimneys is the leading cause of fires from heating equipment. You should service your chimney on an annual basis, letting professionals clean the highly flammable creosote from your chimney. Also, keep anything that can catch fire away from any fixed or portable heater.
 
Electricity has safety hazards because of equipment that can malfunction. Almost ten percent of fires involve electrical lighting equipment. When you use appliances, do not plug cords in which are damaged, whether they are bare, frayed, or loose. Also, avoid overloading any circuits by having too much plugged in.
 
Scented candles are pleasant to have burning in the home, but it is easy to forget that they have open flames. Never leave a room unattended with a burning candle, especially if you have pets or young children. Candles need to be placed in a sturdy holder to lower the risk of them being tipped over.
 
When a fire does occur in your home in Hutchins, Lancaster or Seagoville, reach out to us at SERVPRO of Southeast Dallas County right away. We can help you to restore your home when you call us at (972)227-0800, so don’t wait, as more damage is done the longer the soot and smoke are allowed to sit.

HERE is the fire rescue department.

Other News

View Recent Posts